Friday, October 20, 2017

Half Bath Inspiration

We currently are in the midst of renovating two areas in our home.

I literally spend hours planning and searching for inspiration and product and I thought I would share some of my inspiration (and a few things I've purchased) for our half bathroom.

The half bath was the original pantry in the house, and was converted to a bathroom at some point. It's very awkward, layout wise, as it  has two large windows and the exposed pipe for the heating system, but no actual heat.  (I'll be sure to share before pics soon.)

This room also serves as Figgy's bedroom, so it needs to accommodate his litter box, food and bed. He's always been obsessed with sleeping in his cat carrier, but I'm hoping we can get him something a bit smaller but still covered.

Anyway, here are some of my favorite things for a half bath reno...

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

I've already purchased the lighting and the semi flush mount went in last weekend along with a bead board ceiling that mirrors our mudrooms.

I'm torn between the two vanities. They seem SO ridiculously priced. I know I could get something super affordable, but I like what I like and that happens to be marble. And, that amazing faucet will be the perfect accompaniment, don't you think?

Lastly, I need some sort of tall freestanding storage cabinet. There is no closet in this room (or on the entire first floor of this house, for that matter) so, it has to be something that holds litter and cat supplies, make up, blow dryer, etc., as this is where I primarily get ready.

I mentioned above that we used bead board on the ceiling (the original one had partially collapsed last year after a leak). We saved a step and purchased it in white.
EUCATILE 32 sq. ft. 3/16 in. x 48 in. x 96 in. Beadboard White True Bead Panel




The walls have considerable damage, also (although not from water) and we plan to cover them with this:

Product Image 1

I still need to decide on paint colors. I'm leaning towards white for all of the wood, and a very pale gray for the regular walls. Any color suggestions?

Lastly, I love this room and will take inspiration from for a vintage art gallery wall.

Oscar's Well-Preserved DC Rowhouse. Love everything about the classic, clean, cozy home. Only thing I would add? More indoor plants


If you'd like to see more bathrooms I love I'm linking my Half Bath Reno board here and my Bathrooms & Laundry Rooms board here on Pinterest.






Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest





If you liked this post, you may also like...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.