Sunday, June 11, 2017

My Favorite Mantels Painted in Dark Tones

Welcome friends!

I'm loving the contrast of black with whites and creams lately. When we first installed our antique fireplace I was certain that I wanted to paint it white to match the trim, but when it was finally in place, I completely switched gears to painting it dark. It isn't a total departure from what we have going on in the house (doors and other accents have been painted black), but I think it made it really stand out and be a focal point in our space.

Here are some fantastic inspiration pictures that show how gorgeous a dark mantel can truly be...





The glossy black brings a modern element to this space.

Source


I adore the deep navy of this one and the simplicity of the brass and flowers.

Source


Another blue mantel. The deep color highlights the pretty details...

Source


I love the modern lines on this example paired with the worn, antique mirror...

Source


There is so much goodness in this inspiration picture, especially that herringbone tile...

Source


And, finally this mantel reminds me of our own in certain ways and that aqua ceiling is such an amazing addition.

Source


For reference, here is our mantel installed, painted and decorated for summer...



A couple of final things...first, my go-to black paint in Mopboard Black by Benjamin Moore...


And, lastly, you can see more mantels I love on my Pinterest board here.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.