Monday, March 20, 2017

Aqua Dry Sink & Inspiration when Choosing Paint Colors

I just wanted to share one of my recent completed pieces with you all. Shades of aqua and turquoise are always my favorite and I picked a bright and cheery custom aqua for this vintage dry sink.

It might seem like an unusual color for such a country style piece, but I think it works so well (and I'll explain why I picked it in a second).


Typically, when I'm doing really traditional country furniture I stick with black, barn red or mustard yellow paint.

But, frequently, when we are out at antique stores I see such amazing old painted pieces in bold and colorful shades. Primitive and antique pieces were not always boring!

Click Here for Sources

And, I love to use ideas like this for inspiration.

So much better in aqua than in its original 1970s brown!



I did some distressing to the piece. I had contemplated glazing it to give it a really old feel, like the above examples, but in the end loved it as is.



This piece is available for sale in the northern Connecticut area. Please email numberfiftythree@outlook.com for more information.




Follow my blog with Bloglovin




If you liked this post, you may also like...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.