Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The Best in Modern Americana Decor

I recently added some Americana décor to our home. I was determined to get my flag wrapped wreath on the front door before Memorial Day and, after removing the storm door, painting the original wood door and trim and buying a door mat, I succeeded. Have I mentioned that there is not one surface in this house that doesn't need to be cleaned/painted/renovated? It's very trying because I always want things done NOW, and that just is not how this house is playing out for me. Anyway, if you'd like to see the door/wreath makeover I just mentioned, head over to my Instagram account, here.

I always love how American flags look displayed in homes, especially in the summer months. I'm going to add buy an old, tattered flag with history to my Brimfield list. I think one would be so beautiful in our home.



With that said, I'm not so much a fan of the country/Americana look. It's a bit too much for me. What I am more drawn to is the antique with modern.
Source

Just a simple statement...

Source

Source

These are just it for me. The mix of styles and textures with the old flags just work so well together.

Source Unknown

Source

And these, with their mid century goodness and nod to America...

Source
Source


There is so much I love about this bathroom...the flag as a curtain and the hide rug...probably a bit controversial but love.

Source
What are your thoughts on using American flags in décor? To see more please follow my Primitive/Americana board on Pinterest.





Follow my blog with Bloglovin


If you liked this post, you may also like...
An Americana House Tour


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.