Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Painted & Stained Waterfall Desk (& Contributor Post)

This one for sure goes into my Favorite Furniture I have Redone Hall of Fame


First of all, I think the transformation is just awesome! I love that I was able to stain parts of it since the wood grain was so intricate. I used Early American by Minwax and I think it's a pretty perfect color because it enhanced the piece without being too dark.




Secondly, I haven't used a lot of black paint lately. But, I love this particular one (Valspar's Tomcat) because it's a little softer than most. Deeper than a charcoal, but not quite a true black. I think it set off the stained wood beautifully.




And then the accessories! My favorite part! The desk came with the original casters. You can pretty much guarantee that if something comes with casters it already has bonus points for me loving it.



I ditched the original brass hardware. Now, typically I love brass, but I just wasn't feeling these, plus some were missing and/or broken.  I replaced them with a simple reproduction glass knob. I think glass hardware can accentuate any era of furniture.





Also, today I have my latest contributor post over at Jen Rizzo Design Company. We are (trying) to move full steam ahead on fixing up the outside of our home since it was really too late in the year to do anything when we moved in. And, this brought some color and interest to our front garden for just a few dollars!










1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.