Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Touches & Contributor Post

Spring is one of my very favorite times of the year (and not just because I have an April birthday)! I love how the weather gets warmer, the days get longer (seriously, the getting dark at like 4:30 in the afternoon during the winter gets old really, really fast), and the light and bright colors of the season.
 
This year, I added just a few spring touches to our home. I'm trying to keep things neutral and uncluttered since I'm really looking to sell and will be listing very soon.
 
I filled a vintage card catalogue drawer with plants...
 


 
You can see how simple I kept the mantel...
 
 
 
I was totally drawn to the yellow flowers on this succulent. I have really fantastic luck keeping cactus alive, but really struggle with succulents, so we'll see how long I can keep this one going.
 
 
 
 
Here's a view from the other side of the fireplace. I added in more aqua and blue to the room with accessories.
 

 
 
The couch got the same blue Pottery Barn leopard print pillow as last year and I added in an aqua mirror to the corner to fully brighten up the space.
 

 
 
 
 
I kept the coffee table light and simple, adding a mirrored tray with some pussy willows...
 


 

I also set out a bowl filled with the speckled eggs I made last Easter on our dining room table. I still adore them and plan to leave them out all spring. You can get the full tutorial here.

 
 
Lastly, the hutch in the entryway got a jolt of color with these pretty spring bulbs. I turned a regular terracotta pot into this rustic glam piece with just a couple of quick steps. For more pictures and a full tutorial check out (and leave me a comment!) on Jen Rizzo's blog, here.
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. your mantle is so perfect right now! i love the rustic simplicity and the touch of gold in the ram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The terra cotta pot looks great gold, I'll have to try that whenever it warms up around here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.