Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Patina Green Side Table & Chair

*I was compensated for this post with supplies, however all content, thoughts and opinions are my own.

One of my very favorite colors to use when painting furniture is General Finishes Patina Green.  It lends more towards aqua, than a true green. To me it is exactly like the shade of green you might find on an old penny.  I think its the perfect color for both antique and vintage pieces.
 
 



I recently picked up a side table and chair at the thrift store and wanted to inject some fun into both pieces and I immediately thought of Patina Green.

 


 

 
Doesn't this color take a nondescript piece of furniture and make it totally fun and interesting?
 
 
 
Lately, I've loved adding in some worn gold highlighting to furniture to make their detailing really shine. You can see another example of this with my Updated Vintage Radio Cabinet. Typically, I use gold craft paint, but on these two pieces I was able to test out a pearlescent effects paint from General Finishes (not yet available for sale).
 
 
 
I also moderately distressed the pieces and sealed them with poly.
 
 
 
For a finishing touch to the chair I added in this super cool insect fabric from IKEA. Perfect for summer!
 
 
 
And the table got new hardware from D. Lawless. I think this glass pumpkin knob with brass base is the perfect final accent. It ties in the gold of the highlighting and adds in a bit of sparkle to the entire set.
 
 
 
 
And this actually did sell as a set, almost immediately. I think they are going to look amazing in their new home!
 
 
 
You can check out my entire collection of Patina Green furniture below...
 
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. love this and love the touch of gold, like, duh. soooo pretty! love the shape of that sweet table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love that color and I haven't seen that fabric yet. Makes me want to take a trip to Ikea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are fabulous...love the color of paint and the knob!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.