Sunday, October 6, 2013

Antique Two-Toned Dresser

I have a really special dresser to share with you all today! My husband and I worked like crazy yesterday getting our garage situated for our next furniture sale on October 13th.
 


One piece that we both worked on was this absolutely gorgeous antique dresser. It is huge, provides tons of storage and has the most amazing feet. And...if you are a long time reader, you may recognize it from my very own entry.


 
 
We recently updated our entry and wanted something with similar lines, but a smaller scale for the space. (I can share the full entry reveal with you next Sunday!)


 
 
So, after much thought, we decided to part with this dresser. The makeover was relatively simple. The look of the drawers are beyond amazing and in fantastic condition so I left them as is. The body of the dresser had some loose and chipped veneer which needed to be addressed, however. We sanded, glued, patched, sanded and then I got down to painting.


 
Remember when I painted that Dark Chocolate Sideboard with General Finishes Milk Paint?  Well, when they sent me that color they were also nice enough to send me a second, called Persian Blue. It's a gorgeous, rich neutral that paired nicely with the deep wood of the dresser.




 
I just painted one coat, let it dry and heavily distressed it for a time worn look.





 
I just adore how this dresser came out! And, it will be available next weekend at our vintage sale.




Lastly, do you recognize the wreath? It was my easy bittersweet wreath I made last fall and it has held up beautifully! You can read all about it here.



 

 


Linking to: 
DIY Show Off Mod Vintage Lifehttp://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2013/02/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no151.htmlhttp://www.cozylittlehouse.com/ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsPhotobucket A Delightsome Life vif187http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ ”Fall  http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/
Furniture Feature Fridays


 
startathome

22 comments:

  1. oh wow! those feet! it's amazing, angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible piece--you did such a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh angela i love it - i would be so tempted to keep it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous piece and I love the wood with paint look. Awesome! The wreath is so lovely and full too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela - that dresser is "yummy"!! - I would definitely find a spot to keep that one!!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a good way to deal with the missing veneer, and I'm so glad you left the undamaged parts unpainted, that grain is beautiful. Great distressing job. I'd love for you to share this tomorrow at my We Call It Olde Link-Up, it's for any antiques, vintage, or history-related posts. Hope to see you there. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com www.wecallitjunkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great! I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/10/diyers-32-and-marathon-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela this dresser is just stunning, what a fantastic job. I also adore the vignette on top that you put together for pictures!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty personality! I love the grain....
    :)
    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous piece of furniture and what a beautiful job you did with painting it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you've done with this piece and the feet are so cool. Found you thru coastal charm now following I'm lorraine at http://lorrainesresources.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning piece, absolutely love the feet!! :D, thanks for sharing.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! It looks amazing! I love the rustic look you added onto it - just brilliant! I'd love to have a piece of furniture like that lying around in my house. Blessings to you!

    xoxo,
    Allie @ Framed by God
    http://framedbygod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! Love that color blue. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Come visit us at http://obsessiveandcreative.blogspot.com/2013/10/craft-frenzy-friday-8.html
    We are having a party and it won't be the same without your creativity!
    Craft Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog and your dresser makeover, so gorgeous! I would like to invite you to join my blog party Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage to link up your vignette or anything else you'd like to. ( I usually start the link up on Saturdays) Hope to see you there, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful and unique piece! Hope your sale was a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Angela! This is stunning! Beautifully done! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.