Thursday, April 11, 2013

Simple Book Page Wreath

This wreath took such a short amount of time to make! Usually wreathes take me forever and are way more intricate with punched borders and fancy things like that. Even Martino was shocked when I finished, but I had been planning on doing a simple and basic wreath for our bedroom (since there are quite a few patterns and colors going on in there already) for a while now.
 








I started by accordion folding book pages vertically. When well creased, I folded them in half.
 
 
 
I made a wreath form out of a cardboard box by tracing two plates that were different sizes and then cut it out. I hot glued the folded book pages to the wreath form with the crease of the book page up against the inside corner of the wreath. Very, very easy and quick. Lastly I secured the pages to the back of the wreath so they weren't all flopping around (I'm very technical).
 
 
 
 
I hung it up with some plain black twill ribbon I had bought a while ago.
 
 

 
It's the perfect mix of black and white to balance the silhouette gallery wall I have on the other side of the master bedroom. Sigh. I really love book page crafts.


 

 
You can read about this other book page wreath I recently completed here.
 
 


 


P.S. Are you following me on Pinterest? Stop by to see a lot more fantastic wreath ideas here. 
 

Linking to: 
DIY Show Off Mod Vintage Lifehttp://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2013/02/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no151.htmlthurCozyLittleHousebadge150xhttp://www.cozylittlehouse.com/ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life vif187http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ Boogieboard Cottage”Fall  http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/


 
Green Willow Pond

17 comments:

  1. I have an old window frame that would look great with one of these wreaths! I think I smell a rainy day project! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty! I love the simple black ribbon with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, you did it again! Oh that wreath is full of texture and it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful wreath and easy peasy too! Looks great in your bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this idea! Thanks so much for sharing! Pinning! Would love it if you would link this up to Give Me The Goods Monday: 1 Party, 5 Blogs! http://www.rainonatinroof.com/2013/04/give-me-goods-monday-3-link-party.html
    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  6. What creative thinking!! I love this idea!! I am realy impressed with your creativity! Thank you for sharing!!I agree with 1st comment good rainy day project..I'm off to scout out used books at the flea market!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, I really hould make one for my husbands office since he is a huge reader, thanks for the inspiration.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. the wreath turned out cute! love the simple black ribbon with it on the old window. Little Bit

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to make one myself! I invite you to join my link party: Crafty Country Cottage, every weekend @ Old Red Barn. Hope to see you soon!

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the simplicity of this book page wreath. I have one hiding somewhere partially finished. I think I can manage to finish this one. Perfect detail using the black ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! So elegant and I love repurposing an old book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is really pretty! Thank you for the idea - I'm pinning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks amazing layered over the window. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty wreath and I love the layered look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.